Friday, November 25, 2016

Happy birthday

Happy birthday to a wonderful lady, who brightens the room when she walks in and who creates a sense of joy within me. Here are some sonnets from Shakespeare to show my feelings

“Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? 
Thou art more lovely and more temperate: 
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May, 
And summer's lease hath all too short a date: 
Sometimes too hot the eye of heaven shines, 
And too often is his gold complexion dimm'd: 
And every fair from fair sometimes declines, 
By chance or natures changing course untrimm'd; 
By thy eternal summer shall not fade, 
Nor lose possession of that fair thou owest; 
Nor shall Death brag thou wander'st in his shade, 
When in eternal lines to time thou growest: 
So long as men can breathe or eyes can see, 
So long lives this and this gives life to thee.” 
― 
William ShakespeareShakespeare's Sonnets

“Not marble nor the gilded monuments
Of princes, shall outlive this powerful rhyme,
But you shall shine more bright in these contents
Than unswept stone, besmeared with sluttish time.
When wasteful war shall statues overturn
And broils roots out the work of masonry,
Nor mars his sword nor war's quick fire shall burn
The living record of your memory.
'Gainst death and all-oblivious enmity
Shall you pace forth; your praise shall still find room
Even in the eyes of all posterity
That wear this world out to the ending doom.
So, till judgement that yourself arise,
You in this, and dwell in lovers eyes.” 

 In Praise of Beauty
Of all my loves this is the first and last
That in the autumn of my years has grown,
A secret fern, a violet in the grass,
A final leaf where all the rest are gone.
Would that I could give all and more, my life,
My world, my thoughts, my arms, my breath, my future,
My love eternal, endless, infinite, yet brief,
As all loves are and hopes, though they endure.
You are my sun and stars, my night, my day,
My seasons, summer, winter, my sweet spring,
My autumn song, the church in which I pray,
My land and ocean, all that the earth can bring Of glory and of sustenance, all that might be divine,
My alpha and my omega, and all that was ever mine.
The web-master, shakespeares-sonnets.com 2002


No comments:

Post a Comment