Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Keep your sense of humour

When I had my Knee Surgery, I fell twice in the hospital as a result of reactions to the drugs they were giving me for pain. One of my friends, who knew that I had fallen was telling us that his wife had her hip surgery and she fell at home when she was recovering. She had a urinary tract infection and was in a hurry to go to the washroom. She was using a walker, which are hard to use if a person is not used to them. On the way to the washroom, she stumbled and fell backward. 

My friend called 911 and she was taken to White Rock Hospital for a check-up. While they were waiting in the recovery room, my friend could here another person, yelling "I WANT TO GO HOME, GET ME OUT OF THIS PLACE. FOR F%%K SAKE, LET ME GO HOME."

The Yelling went on for a few minutes, then stopped. My friend and his wife looked at each other relieved that the "tantrum" was over. A few more minutes went by and the shouting continued in the same manner. The shouting continued for about 10 minutes, with small breaks between each session of yelling.

A Nurse finally came to see my friends wife, and my friend asked the Nurse, "Is that a patient yelling or is it one of the Emergency Room Doctors?"

The Nurse started to laugh and said, "Thank you, we needed that" (It was a patient yelling not the doctor)

My friend's wife had no injuries as a result of her fall, but she will be more careful in the future as she recovers from her hip surgery replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment