Thursday, August 27, 2020

Signs, signs everywhere a sign

I had someone the other day ask me what my sign was. I thought that had gone out in the sixties. Signs 

The question took me back to the '70s and the song Signs by the Five Man Electrical Band. Here are the lyrics from the song.

And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply"
So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why
He said "You look like a fine upstanding young man, I think you'll do"
So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"
Whoa-oh-oh
Sign, sign, everywhere a sign
Blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind
Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign?
And the sign said anybody caught trespassin' would be shot on sight
So I jumped on the fence and-a yelled at the house
"Hey! What gives you the right?"
"To put up a fence to keep me out or to keep mother nature in"
"If God was here he'd tell you to your face, man, you're some kinda sinner"
Sign, sign, everywhere a sign

Blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind…

My last thought on signs is that if you have to ask for "signs," then you should take it as a "sign" that you should make haste very s-l-o-w-l-y. 

No comments:

Post a Comment