Wednesday, November 25, 2020

High school reunion

 As I age sometimes my old students will be in touch. I started teaching over 47 years ago so many of my first students have aged and many are in their early 60’s and many are retiring, which only reinforces my sometimes feeling older. I find it interesting that to me, once a person hits 60 it is difficult to tell how old they might be, they could be 60 or 70 or 75 or even in their 80‘s. This story about how we look or think we look as we age is funny, enjoy.

Have you ever been guilty of looking at some-one about your own age and thinking, ‘Surely I can't look that old?" You'll love this one.

My name is Alice Smith, and I was sitting in the waiting room for my first appointment with a new dentist. I noticed his DDS diploma, which showed his full name.

Suddenly, I remembered a tall, handsome, dark-haired boy with the same name who had been in my high school class some 40-odd years ago. Could this be the same guy that I had a secret crush on, way back then?

Upon seeing him, however, I quickly discarded any such thought. This balding, gray-haired man with the deeply lined face was ‘way

too old to have been my classmate.

After he examined my teeth, I asked him if he had attended Morgan Park High School.

“Yes. Yes, I did. I am a Mustang,” he beamed with pride.

“When did you graduate?” I asked.

He “answered, “In 1965. Why do you ask?”

“You were in my class!” I exclaimed.

He looked at me closely. Then, that ugly, old, bald wrinkled, fat,

gray, decrepit son-of-a-gun asked, “What did you teach?”

1 comment: