Friday, June 18, 2021

Asking questions

Ask more questions, and you may be surprised by what you find out. When I was working on the University paper, the editor took me aside on the first day and said, our job is to ask questions. Use the following questions format, Ask Who, What, When Where, Why and How. By asking these questions you will find out a lot about the topic.

You might never guess it, but sometimes, people get frustrated with not knowing. A classic case happens at homecoming parties when the guests hear the guest of honour lament, "Gosh, but I had no idea! I never would have guessed! I didn't know I was so wonderful! I didn't know I had such an effect on others! I didn't know I was so responsible for my thoughts, words, and deeds! I just didn't know!"

But it's even worse for them when others reply, "Yes... but you could have. All you had to do is ask the right questions, and listen to the answers.

Many of us can ask questions, but few of us take the time to hear the answer, because they believe the axiom, never ask a question if you don’t know the answer. That is, in my mind, a false axiom, the reason to ask a question is to find out what is going on not to re-enforce your own preconceived ideas or thoughts.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment