Tuesday, February 28, 2023

The shower

 So, picture this, I’m on vacation with my family in Whistler BC and I wake up feeling like a sloth. The family had already hit the slopes for the day, leaving me all alone in our condo. So, I thought to myself, “Self, why not have a shower and start the day off fresh?”

I sauntered into the main bathroom, feeling all Zen and peaceful. But as soon as I tried to turn on the water, I hit a major roadblock. The shower door only opened inward, and there wasn’t enough space for me to wiggle my way in to get to the taps. I looked at the door like it was the enemy, trying to figure out if it was just a poor design or if I was just too big for this world.

I tried everything I could think of to get into that darn shower, but nothing worked. And after 10 minutes of frustration, I threw in the towel and get dressed. I mean, who needs a shower anyway, am I right?

Later that day, my family came back from their ski adventure and I told them all about my bathroom debacle. My son-in-law checked it out and couldn’t figure out what the heck was going on. We were all scratching our heads like a bunch of confused monkeys.

But then, my grandson came to the rescue. He heard our story and took matters into his own hands. He walked into the bathroom like a boss, yanked the shower door open outward, and said, “What’s the big deal, guys? It opens this way!”

Turns out, we were all just a bunch of dummies who couldn’t see the forest for the trees. And thank goodness I didn’t complain to the front desk like a grumpy old man. Moral of the story: when in doubt, ask a 12-year-old.

No comments:

Post a Comment