Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Dear Rheumatoid Arthritis Survivor a positive outlook,

 Dear Rheumatoid Arthritis Survivor, 

Greetings!

I want to introduce myself (with apologies to the "Stones)-I am Rheumatoid Arthritis. While I may have found my way into your life, I want you to know that there’s a brighter side to this journey. Let’s focus on the positivity within this challenging situation.

I’m like a hidden warrior within you, often not leaving a trace in your blood work. Others may not see or hear me, but it’s your body that senses my presence. Together, we can work on managing and living well despite my presence.

I might bring discomfort in various ways, but I also believe in your strength and resilience. Remember the days when you and energy were inseparable? I might have changed the rules, but we can still find moments of joy together, even if it’s in a unique form.

While I interrupt your sleep and make you forgetful and unsure, let’s think of the interruptions as more time to explore new ways of controlling these challenges. You can adjust to find strategies that work for you.

When I am in control, your body temperature will fluctuate, and I may cause swelling. It will help if you see this as a reminder of your body’s unbelievable flexibility and its ability to endure.

As we move along this path, you will experience emotional highs and lows, but remember, you are not alone. There are ways to manage your mood swings to find stability.

Your appearance might change, but it’s the beauty within you that truly matters. We can explore ways to accept these changes together.

Weight fluctuations may occur, but with the right support and guidance, we can work on finding a weight that suits you.

I may affect different parts of your body, but we can adapt and learn to manage each challenge that arises. Let’s focus on what we can do to keep you as healthy as possible.

We may face some challenges, but with determination, we can navigate this journey together.

You didn’t ask for me, but I believe in your ability to face and overcome any obstacle that comes your way. It’s your resilience that drew me to you.

I’ve heard you’re seeking help from doctors to manage me. Keep searching, to find a healthcare provider who understands and can assist you effectively. It may take time, but we will get there.

There might be moments when you feel misunderstood by those around you. So, find comfort in connecting with others who share similar experiences; they can be a beneficial source of understanding and encouragement.

While it might seem like a long journey ahead, know that you possess the strength to overcome each challenge. Your strong will and the care of your loved ones will bring more light to your journey.

Always here, but not in control,

No comments:

Post a Comment