Since I have started to realize that I will be a grandfather, I have started to pay more attention to the simple things in life and I have also started to take stock of what is important and what I hope to pass on, if given the opportunity. To help me I have, on my I google account, a section called Buddhist thought for the day and I find reading them helps be gain some focus on life. I liked this one as I think it allows one to think about relationships:
If only I could throw away the urge to trace my patterns in your heart, I could really see you. - David Brandon (Zen in the Art of Helping)...
Really seeing someone is the first step in establishing a strong connection and helps to build strong relationships. I think small children see a person without trying to trace patterns, so I hope to rekindle the joy of life that I was had as a small child and with that joy and the wisdom of life start to look for and find ways of passing on the understandings I have gained to my grandchild that I was not able to pass on to my children because I was too busy with my career and my own self centered views on life.
I wonder do we as boomers believe in the importance of relationships or do we believe in the idea of relationships. At one point in my life I probably believed in the idea of relationships not the value of the relationship so as I mature I hope to regain the wisdom of my childhood,
I AM A SONIC BOOMER, NOT A SENIOR... In this blog, I am writing to and for those who believe that the Boomers will change what the word Senior means. I also believe that Boomers will change what retirement means in our society. The blog is also for those who are interested in what life after retirement may look like for them. In this blog, I highlight and write about issues that I believe to be important both for Seniors and working Boomers.
google.com, pub-7178919035426667, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
No comments:
Post a Comment