Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Stop and Smell the Roses

What are you doing that is important is a question I asked the other day. Today, as I walked along the river, I heard a cry in the air, I watched as two eagles came together and hovered about 100 feet above me. I watched them as they scanned the river hovering on the wind in perfect unision. For about 3 minutes they hovered and I watched and then they swooped down to the left and flew up the river. For me watching the two eagles for the three minutes was important. It was important because it renewed my faith in nature, people and my soul. There was an old Mac Davis song Stop and Watch the Roses, and it was important to remind me that I need to do this more often. When was the last time you took the time to appreciate what you have, not what you want to have?

No comments:

Post a Comment