Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Golf Easy does it

I am a weekend golfer but once a year my friends and I go off for a week of golf, fun and relaxation. Last year, after the week long tour, my game went from bad to worse. I lost all of the skills sets that I thought I had and for the rest of the summer I golfed as I did when I first started out about 8 years ago. I know that there are many of you who golf on a regular basis and take lessons and golf in the 70's, 80' and 90's. I am no where near those ranges, if I am lucky I can break 105 but usually shot between 105 and 110. Except last year before the tournament I was breaking 100 on a fairly regular basis, (not by much 1 or 2 points) but after the tour I went back to my old habits.

This year I have started out averaging about 102-105 and so I am looking forward to maintaining this range over the summer. I was at the driving range and practising and because I was tired, rather than swinging hard, I relaxed and took 3/4 swings and I found, much to my delight, that the ball went straight and far. I am going to keep working on this idea, the easier you swing, the better the results.

I wonder if this idea can be applied to life, maybe we should try to relax, and go with the flow and remember that there is always beauty or magic in the moment, in any moment and that is the lesson to take away from golf.

No comments:

Post a Comment